Written by Lotus on Thursday, 14 of August , 2008 at 7:25 pm
The indispensable Sweetness & Light blog points out that Obama’s Platform for Change is very similar to another party’s platform. The Communist Party of the United States’ “Election 2008” brochure is virtually identical to Obama’s platform. Here’s a quiz I’ve put together for HUMAN EVENTS readers. Answers appear at the bottom of this column.
1. “A new day is dawning. Our country is at a turning point. This is a time of great possibility. Across the land, people are coming together to reshape our nation’s priorities to make government ‘of, by and for the people’ a reality.”
2. “From the Midwest to the South, from coast to coast, in big cities and rural communities voters have turned out in record numbers for change.”
3. “While wages remain flat, the costs of basic necessities are increasing. The cost of in-state college tuition has grown 35 percent over the past five years. Health care costs have risen four times faster than wages over the past six years. And the personal savings rate is now the lowest it’s been since the Great Depression.”
4. “Voters are demanding a new kind of politics to rebuild our country for the common good. A democratic spirit of unity and hope is inspiring millions to get involved. During the Great Depression of the 1930’s, unemployed workers and their allies marched and organized until public works jobs, Social Security and New Deal programs were won.”
5. “[U]se proceeds from the cap-and-trade auction program to invest in job training and transition programs to help workers and industries adapt to clean technology development and production… [C]reate an energy-focused Green Jobs.”
6. “Working people want bold new policies to end war restore democratic traditions and create green living wage jobs, affordable housing, healthcare and quality education for everyone.”
To get the answers, check out my Obama Watch column this week.
Category: Weekly Column
No comments yet.
You must be logged in to post a comment.